12.10.2006

Day 141: Weigh In

What is it about December...there's just food EVERYWHERE! And not like trays of carrots or anything, I'm talking big, heavy, sugary, fatty food all dressed up in red and green with chocolate sprinkles. It's everywhere I go. I have to say I think I've been pretty good about avoiding it. Sure I've nibbled here and there. But I haven't overindulged as of yet. It's easier to stay on target now that I'm back to tracking my daily points more consistently.

Weigh in today reflected that I've regained some focus. I lost .8 of a pound this week, so I'm down a total of 40.4 lbs. My current weight is 173 exactly. And I couldn't be more pleased. This comes after having several weeks with only one exercise day, so it was a nice surprise. And again, just like when I
reached the 30 lb. mark, reaching a round number makes me feel really accomplished. For some reason 39.6 sounds ok, but 40.4 sounds like, WOW!

This loss also comes after my big day out at the Happiest Place on Earth. Jon and I took a Disney trip yesterday in celebration of my birthday. And I knew what I wanted first thing, too. The cafe on Main Street serves the most amazing cinnamon rolls in the entire world. Dripping with icing, warm from the oven. Of course I failed to remember how ENORMOUSLY HUGE they are. But I did not try to finish it. Didn't even come close. I never eat stuff like that anymore, so it was a treat, to say the least. And to compensate, I didn't eat much more til dinner at The StoryTellers Cafe that night.


I'm proud to say that dinner was tasty beyond explanation and points-friendly as well. It consisted of broiled swordfish, fresh veggies and mashed potatoes, and this:
Yeah, so what if you won't find the chocolate covered, chocloate mousse-y, yummy cake Mickey dessert in the WW points guide. All you need to know is that it made me do this:

3 comments:

amy m. stern said...

Awww chocolate in the shape of a mouse and a smile-y Carrie (a smile-y Carrie you can barely see anymore because she's usually standing sideways, and when she stands sideways she disappears)! That's what I'm asking for, for Christmas. I'm waking up, walking over to your house, where I expect a smiling Carrie to hand me a chocolate something. Then I will go back home and watch my brother open everyone's presents because he just can't wait, to which my mother will get upset because now all our presents are mixed and she can't remember what was for Becky and what was for me, so I will naturally claim the more expensive stuff, because I'm the oldest, and Becky will just shrug and say, "Let's drive to McDonalds" because we're in our pjs and its 7am on Christmas and if that doesn't spell 'hash brown' I don't know what does, gosh dangit!

Anonymous said...

Awww, to think. After I read, "All you need to know is it made me do this..." I was hoping to see a picture of Carrie vomiting in the happiest place ever. A smile seems so inferior, but purty just as well.

Anna said...

Yea!!!! 40 lbs is awesome Carrie. And I never use that word :) AND you got to enjoy all the yummy treats at Disneyland. Very big Mickey Mouse chocolate-y shaped KUDOS for you.