12.31.2006

Day One Hundred Sixty-Two

So here we are, on the eve of 2007. New experience, just new-ness in general waits around every corner. Things that are new, transition, change...it all used to scare me. And I guess it still does in some ways. But in other ways I look forward to not staying stagnant, to having opportunities. That was one of the things that I learned in 2006 - as scary as it can be to stray from our comfort zone, it can be very rewarding.

It's appropriate that the same day that closes out the year also closes out my first six months on WW. I started this journey on July 1st, 2006, kicking off the second half of the year. Depending on what you're talking about, six months can either seem like forever, or a split second. In my case, it passed really quickly, and my progress still surprises me. The holiday season posed a bit of a challenge and I allowed myself to indulge, as evidenced by my last weigh-in. Just for the record I'm up 1.8 lbs, current weight is 174.8. In the grand scheme of things, there's no way I can be disappointed. What I've gained through this experience that really matters is way more than just what I've lost in pounds.

Ok, 2007, I greet you with a smile. Here's to family, lots of good food, fantastic friends and losing 20 more pounds along the way. Jon and Zaya...more adventures await, thank you for your love. Mom and Rachel, I love you and miss you. Nana, Papa and Reub...thank you for supporting the journey. J, ending the year having such a good friend back is priceless. A, you're the best new friend/neighbor/coworker/shenanigans-maker one could ask for. G and A2, you guys are good medicine for a girl who loves to laugh. M, I know it's been a hectic year, but you're so close! I'm with ya. And to everyone who enriches my life in many, many ways, thank you just isn't enough. Always in my heart, never far from my thoughts.

Happy Year of New-ness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stel is celebratin' being the right weight for her height probably in EVER! and that is really hard for a Little Person such as she! Congratulations on growing and developing into the individual God wants you to be.
The New Year holds many adventures that is for sure, and we know that God holds the New Year, and that is a PROMISE.
We love you! Go get 'em at WW! We are all so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Who knows what 2007 holds? I only ask that we can go to Sammy's once a month!

amy m. stern said...

I love you Carrie! I am so lucky to have someone so inspirational and wonderful and funny in my life. And I quote, "Carrie's laugh is so . . . contagious. Let's go over and you say something funny so she'll start laughing. I could use that right now." - Alex