1.11.2007

Day One Hundred Seventy-Three

Goodbye holidays! Sure I suffer from as much post-Christmas depression as the next guy, but you know the great thing about the season after the holiday season? All the bad food is GONE GONE GONE from the house. And no, I didn't eat it. Not all of it. I mean we voluntarily gave away two unopened boxes of Sees candy. How's that for commitment? Not only that, but just yesterday I took a portion of my Christmas bonus/paid vacation money and went grocery shopping, leaving with a cart full of goodies that are good. I'm not gonna start the year off on the naughty list.

So I kicked off 2007 losing most of my Christmas gain. Was down 1.4 pounds for a current weight of 173.2. I've lost 40.2 altogether. This makes me happy. What also makes me happy is running into someone I hadn't seen in a couple of months while picking up take-out and having her say, "You look like you've lost some since the last time I saw you." That never hurts. But as in most cases, there's more to the story. What this woman didn't know was that just moments before I had made a sweep of the bakery area, trying to decide if I should pick up something tasty for myself and just account for the points later. She was right in front of me, with her back turned, and I didn't recognize her. This was a good reminder that you can never really sneak a treat...especially from yourself.

Mama asked the other day about my mindset. How am I feeling about the next 18 pounds? Honestly, I feel great because I know it's achievable. The hardest part of this was over and done with the moment I decided to start WW. Jumping that emotional hurdle was way more difficult than anything I've encountered since. I'm not saying the rest is all cake...so to speak. Every day has its challenges, and not just the tempting, food-related ones. There's still a lot of self-discovery going on. And that's what I had hoped for. As it's turning out, the more I get to know and, more importantly, get to like me, the more I enjoy those around me. Which makes this crazy mixed-up life more fulfilling...not just filling.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zaya's Mommie rocks....LIFETIME for fat granny! Cool! Thanks for jumping on board in July, it has been a hoot! Pick Stel up on Saturday to see the gang....she'll be waiting..