12.02.2006

Day 134: Weigh In

Just the facts, ma'am. Weigh in was very good. I got rid of those Thanksgiving pounds and then some in one week's time. Sure aren't gonna hear me complain about that! I lost 2.8 lbs. this week for a total of 39.6 lbs. lost. I'm currently at 173.8. These results are hugely motivating and confirm the difference that all the little things make. I went back to nonfat milk, tracked my points consistently every day and faithfully stuck to my "take one, not two" rule. Those little things really add up to success for me, so if it ain't broke, why fix it.

I also need to mention the wonderfully supportive e-mail I received this week from one of my best life-long friends. We don't see each other much anymore, life tends to get in the way of that, but our bond is a strong one. She was responding to the most recent batch of Z pictures that I e-mailed out to our friends and family list. Out of 19 pictures, I am in two of them, holding Z in front of me. From those two pictures, she apparently noticed the weight loss. Her response was this:

"I'm so proud of you, not because you needed to lose the weight, but because I understand first hand how very difficult a journey it can be. I can't help it, I'm really excited for you, and you're such an inspiration!"

This, to me, is huge. Coming from someone I've always looked up to and wanted to be like. In school, she attracted attention. She's smart, funny, attractive, was a cheerleader, always had more confidence than I did. I grew up feeling like the tag-along friend whenever I was around her. Don't get me wrong, I love her to death and she never looked at me like a person with a weight problem. But my poor image of myself was highlighted by the shining-star image of her that lived in my head. So to hear from her regarding the topic of weight loss is a big deal. Thank you, C, your encouragement means more than I think you realize.


I also have to give a shout out to A2, who co-hosted a wonderful party tonight AND made a very tasty WW dessert recipe. My mouth thanks you. And so does my daily points tracker.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Congrats on your latest weigh-in results!! That is big time ESPECIALLY during this time of year. And I just now saw my shout out, so thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

WAIT A SECOND!!! My "co-host" took credit for making that WW dessert?!?!?!?!?