11.25.2006

Day 127: Weigh In

Well, I can't blame this on the turkey...just got home from weighing in. It wasn't pretty. To be honest, I did expect to gain this week, that part's not a surprise. But 2 WHOLE POUNDS! Talk about motivation to get back on track.

Honestly, this really had nothing to do with Thanksgiving. Sure I probably ate a bit more on that day than usual, but I can pinpoint a lot of little things that I've been changing gradually that are sure contributors to the gain. I stopped buying nonfat milk about a month ago, because it's been more convenient to buy lowfat in larger quantities for Z. I started eating his sugary, flavored oatmeals instead of plain. I have not been consistently measuring portions. I've been indulging in the FANTASTIC regular granola topping at Golden Spoon, instead of the non-fat variety (which I should note is good as well). And I've been squeezing in extra points without really keeping track. Two tortillas instead of one here, two pudding cups instead of one there. It all adds up, and I know that.

So I'm not going to wallow, I'm going to use this as an opportunity to kick myself into action. I've been trying to organize a good winter workout schedule. Sunday mornings at the gym or the park are looking good. I've just gotta get at least another two days in there. I miss exercise when I don't get it. I miss feeling better physically and knowing that I've stayed committed.

We had a good meeting this morning. Fewer people than usual...post-Thanksgiving scares people. One of the questions Jim asked was, "What do you know now (since joining WW) that you didn't know then?" I raised my hand and said, "That I really can do it." I walked into that first meeting feeling desperate but expecting nothing really significant to happen. I thought I was just "supposed to be fat" all my life. Like it was a given. And I didn't believe in myself at all. Didn't think I had a chance. Boy, was I wrong.

So I just tracked the points for my breakfast. And I am excited about re-focusing...again. It happens, what can I say. Today is a new day. So if you'll excuse me, I have a date with all new opportunities...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checked it with WW Mary and she said pounds that come on that fast will come off quickly too! I guess the last .4 that Stel needs to lose was gained painfully slow...like a .1 every 10 years or so....yikes. Stel has such great friends at her meeting that even though the objective is to lose, she has GAINED marvelous friends...better than the icing on a carrot cake, or pretty darn near close....nah, who is Stel kidding, carrot cake icing rocks! But Audrey, Harriet and Claire are really close seconds! Stel KNOWs they will understand!