11.18.2006

Day 140: Weigh In

So let's just say for two weeks now I've been lazy. My attitude has been kinda like "tracking schmacking" to say the least. I told Jon I think my mind has convinced me that I'll remember what I'm eating. And we don't really keep bad food in the house anymore, so I must be doing ok, right? But ultimately, it's just downright laziness. So as I sit here and type this blog entry, I am simultaneously looking up my points for the day. Tracking points has worked for me thus far, so I can't give up on it now.

Luckily, my careless attitude hasn't been my downfall. Went back to WW after a week off and weighed in at 174.6 lbs. That's down 1.4 lbs for a total loss of 38.8. I was amazed, yet again. Aside from not calculating my food intake, I also only exercised once this week. So I wasn't expecting good results. Not to mention that the one time I did exercise, I went to the gym after work without having eaten anything that day...not a winning combination. Let's just say Carrie learned an important lesson about nutrition and exercise that day. Ended up sitting in a chair looking out the window eating a nutritional bar and hoping she could walk out unassisted. She won't be testing that rule again.

Today's meeting was all about Thanksgiving. It seems to be the one day a year that drives WWers over the edge. We did an exercise where we actually mapped out our typical Thanksgiving meal on paper plates. Then came the calculation of points. People had all kinds of suggestions like, "Don't let any of your food items touch each other on your plate." The idea being that you'll leave space between foods and won't over do it, I guess. But I think it really comes down to common sense. Of course it doesn't hurt that my mother-in-law, the Thanksgiving Day chef, is a WWer too and she'll be making some lower fat substitutions with some ingredients. Thanks, Mama! I won't tell the other guests your secret recipes.

The frustrating thing is that I'm 20 pounds away from my goal weight, and I know exactly where those 20 pounds are. Sitting right on my stomach and thighs, where I can see them everyday. They're taunting me. The weight loss is visible to me in my face, my arms, my legs, my waist. But that darn stomach is a stubborn...well, I won't get into name-calling. I kinda knew the last pounds would be the hardest. And I'm sure it will get even more challenging. All the more reason to stick with it.

So if I'm lacking in my blog skills this week, as I have been in weeks past, let me take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy Turkey Day. Hug your loved ones, remember all that you have. This WW journey is only one of many things I am thankful for this year. Each one of you is high on that list as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The blog is long can I get the summary please