11.11.2006

Day One Hundred Thirty-Three

I have no idea what I weigh right now, since there was no WW meeting today. But I kinda like it that way for some reason.

Kicked off the week with some eating extremes. Started out my day with breakfast from Farmer's Market. Egg white omelet, mushrooms and tomatoes. The end of the day, however, brought lots of goodies at a family party, including chocolate cake from King's Hawaiian. Yes, a whole slice. And did I mention the M&M's?

The greatest moment of the night came when I was being greeted by a relative of Jon's who hadn't seen me in awhile. She hugged me and said, "Hey, skinny. Pretty soon I won't be able to see you anymore." I was instantly struck by the irony of that statement. I realized that the harder I work at this and the more weight I lose, off my body and mind, the more of the real me is visible to others. People are just now starting to see Carrie. And it feels really good.

No comments: