1.09.2009

Day Nine Hundred Twenty-Two

I came into the office today to find the usual assortment of illegible notes asking me to do ridiculous things, and it made me want to dive into the candy bucket. This was the first real strong craving I've had all week. But I reminded myself how well I've been doing this week, and the great food I've been eating, so I settled for using real sugar instead of Splenda in my coffee and called it an indulgence.

Getting back to the food, I've had some really flavorful yet healthy stuff this week. Whole Foods Market cooked up this veggie sandwich on a whole wheat roll that was excellent, and their split pea soup is equally good. Did I want to take a stroll by the bakery and the case of handmade chocolates that Jon so generously described to me? Absolutely! But I did not. Instead I focused on the really good meal I was eating and the time I was spending with my family.

I'm feeling like 2009 is off to a great start. No one ever knows what waits around the corner, but I'm doing a much better job of living in the moment and paying attention. My son is growing and changing so quickly and I'm taking more moments to drink him in and gauge his needs. Old friends are popping up everywhere and I'm loving the reconnection. So much is happening...but then, when is it not.

It's a good day. Don't let it get by you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

granny has to always focus on the moment. yes, it was a good day. God is always faithful.