1.24.2009

Day 937: Weigh In

More proof that the program works when you follow it (what a concept!). Weighed in at 183.8 today, down 1.4 pounds from last week. This news actually got me mentally motivated to exercise, because I want to stay on pace. I realized that counting my points and eating healthier is making all the difference, and exercise is the other piece of the puzzle that will get me where I want to go.

There are a lot of people who don't need to attend the WW meetings. I've had people ask why I do. Could I lose the weight without that element? Probably. But why would I do that when I have access to the added resource? It's kind of like re-fueling my mind and spirit. You can laugh and say it's just a room full of fat people commisserating. And there are instances of that. But mainly it's a way to remind yourself that life isn't a diet and that the journey is as important as the destination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I go because i need other people and they need me. I am not cured from my fatness, cannot do this on my own, and frankly need the accountability.
That is why i go every saturday--people ask me "What do you talk about?" Myself. ME, ME, ME! it is all about me! If I don't care about ME no one else will.....