10.18.2006

Day One Hundred Nine

Y'think I would have figured it out by now, but I'm discovering that counting points after the fact is not such a great idea. Good intentions are wonderful things, but intentions don't help you lose pounds. We were at Islands today, which I love, and I thought I was being pretty good. Ordered some chicken tacos and thought to myself, "These can't be worth that many points, so I get to have cheddar fries, too!" Cut to me at my computer, checking points values on the WW site...22 points for the tacos. Did I mention that I only get 24 points a day? And...scene.

It's another busy week, Z's party is on Sunday. My little man is two years old. Everything just sweeps by so fast. And when you stop for a glance at a photo or some other reminder, it can be overwhelming...in a good way. Been talking to J about the fact that he was a preemie baby 30 years ago. Found out his mom went into pre-term labor at about 29 weeks and he weighed 2lbs. 9oz at birth. How do you wrap your mind around that? Seems almost impossible for a baby of that size to survive after multiple blood transfusions, surgery and several other life-preserving procedures. If that's not a miracle, I don't know what is. Looking forward to celebrating the miracle that is life with J and all our family and friends this weekend. Reminds me how monumental every birthday is. Correction...how monumental every DAY is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes every day is monumental--difficult to stay in the day and not jump to the next, and the next.
When you do that you lose and it won't necessarily be pounds. You lose what is important in front of you that day--Speaking of losing, Stel is really trying this week to lose SOMETHING, ANYTHING AT THE SCALES THIS WEEK! Wish her luck because IMMEDIATELY AFTER STEPPING OFF THE SCALES she will begin cooking some of Zaya's party food.
That will be a challenge--but not one that cannot be dealt with "if you bite it you write it"--a whole lot of writin' coming up!