10.11.2006

Day One Hundred Two

Here's a dilemma I've been dreaming about and never thought I'd have. Went shopping today to try and find something to wear to the service on Saturday. Thought it would just be another quick trip to the fat lady store. Lane Bryant, my favorite store, have shopped there for everything I've worn over the past ten years, at least. Just looking for a dress or a nice top I could wear with my one pair of black pants that actually fit at the moment. Tried on at least six tops/sweaters and a skirt, all size 14. Too baggy...all of it! That's never happened before. Every time I put something on I was thinking, "It must be an odd cut or something." But after six I figured, maybe I'm just not that big anymore.

Then it hit me that I couldn't just go get a smaller size because...that's the smallest size they carry! Which meant...I had to go elsewhere. Here's where the dilemma came in. I'm completely unfamiliar with any other store, including department stores. Have always overlooked them because there was no point in trying. So I check out Macy's and a couple of shops along our walking route. Felt completely lost. Clothing in Macy's is divided up by designer. What sense does that make!?!? Not to mention that size 14 at the fat lady store is different than size 14 at a department store. So do I go back up to 16? And what the heck is the difference between 16 and 16W?

Total confusion. Needless to say, left with nothing. Well, that's not true. Nothing but a great big smile on my face!

No comments: