9.10.2006

Day 71: Weigh-In & Day Seventy-Two

It's the day after weigh-in and I'm still kind of in shock. I also feel a little silly, I prefaced this post with an entry about how "off" my week was. As it turns out, I lost 4 lbs. last week, bringing my total loss to 29.6 lbs. I'm at 183.8. I know, crazy, right? In ten weeks. If it weren't happening to me, I'm not sure that I'd believe it.

I was telling M today about how I over-account for things. The minute I see chicken with a creamy sauce or mayo on a sandwich, I immediately think, "That's 1000 points!" Yes, I tend to exaggerate when it comes to food. I think it's a defense mechanism, so I won't be unpleasantly surprised if I don't lose a pound one week. I probably ate just fine and was busy enough that missing two of my exercise days didn't have the impact I expected.

Everyone at church today was making it known that the change is noticeable. I also forgot to mention that I got together with a friend on Friday. He hadn't seen me in about seven or eight years. He said I'm smaller now than he remembers, which gave me a whole new perspective on my weight. I think he's right, I don't think I've weighed this close to 180 in more years than I care to think about. It's just weird to go over all of this in my head now. I can remember very vividly feelings and moments concerning my weight at all different ages. And I'm so not that person any more.

In other news, shout out to M for her first week's loss: 2.6 lbs. Good job, M! I had fun sharing food shopping tips with you. Here's to many more good weeks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO very proud of you, Carrie! You go girl and keep up the great work! Huggies and kissies to ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Good work! Hope Stel reaches goal before you reach yours--she is plugging along but those little fat cells are clinging on for dear life! Geez.
So proud of you--so proud that M is doing her thing, and how she is already influencing those around her for health! Little missionaries are we? Get the WW Gospel Out There to the Multitudes!

Anonymous said...

News Alert: Breakfast Burrito Wednesday has been temporarily moved to Tuesday. This is because Wednesday we will be dining on the most delicious, yet greasiest, pizza Chucki-e-Cheese can whip up for us. Something tells me both of the entrees, on the same day, are illegal, or immoral, or some kind of wrong.

Bring yo' A game!

Ogre said...

Very good with the weight loss and 1000 point meals would be awesome. Though according to WW measuring system I am pretty sure a 1000 point meal would kill you instantly. I am willing to test this theory if you can find a single meal that is 1000 points.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the shout out cheeks!! it's a little late, sorry.. i'm a little behind on reading your blog. it has been a hectic week. i hope yours is going well. i'm hanging in there. i luv u!xoxo, "M"