9.24.2006

Day Eighty-Five

Fall is definitely in the air. Our beach walk was a little cold this morning, but still so worth getting up to go. Now that it's cooler, there's hardly anyone around, the quiet is nice. It got even quieter when my MP3 player batteries died almost immediately after I started walking. Usually I need the music to keep a good pace. But today I was really motivated and frankly, the sound of the waves was so soothing. With so much going on in my life right now, it was a welcome relief to be alone with my thoughts and the crash of the ocean.

After the walk, we had breakfast at King's. Can't go wrong there. And I've learned the joy of substituting egg whites in most breakfast items. An egg white omelet with mushrooms was the order of the day...though I did splurge on a blueberry muffin, no substitution for that.

In the afternoon, my friend J came over with his son. Z was thrilled to have a playmate. Doesn't matter to him if the kid is 2 years old or 12, he makes fast friends. And he is always sure to pull out every imaginable toy to impress his guest. While my energy level has increased substantially since losing this weight, it was nice to watch Z get chased around by someone who can keep up much better than I can. We all had a great time just hanging out, something I don't get to do very often.

Today was a good balance. Ended the weekend in a calm and contented mood but started a new week with some motivation so see a little change in the scale. Change in the right direction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exercise is a good thing. Stel resisted it so long, but she actually misses it when she doesn't get time to do it. Just think: the season is changing and you are still on course--good going.
Glad Zaya was being chased by someone younger. He has enough energy to spread around. Sounds like his pal is a nice kid. Hope he comes back!