9.26.2006

Day Eighty-Seven

It's "extra points to spare day," apparently. Jon and I both unintentionally ended up with enough extra points today that we could each almost have another meal. We split our Quizno's sandwiches between lunch and dinner, Jon paired his with some low fat popcorn and I finished off that great bean soup. Then toss in some exercise points from a great walk, top it off with a little Golden Spoon...I think we just found a winning meal combination.

The walk was completely refreshing. We did our three miles in 55 minutes, I think that's a new record for us. Of course Jon jogs, which means he's a bit faster than I am, so he ends up doing some extra running and walking while he's waiting for me. I kept a really steady pace the entire time and came close to wishing that the walk would just keep going. That's definitely a new feeling for me. I need to go back and read some earlier entries to remind myself how far I've come because I can remember having so much anxiety and being self-conscious about even existing in front of strangers. That's not even part of who I am anymore. Jon said I looked good out there, and I felt like it.

Then came home and got a happy phone call. My friend J made it to the next step in the job search process, which is awesome. That reminded me that I haven't heard anything from my WW buddy M. Hey M, hit me up!

Good night everyone. And a pleasant tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, exercise. It is some good stuff. It is the best "alone time" ever. You are "there doing the walk/run" so you can't fiddle with anything else. Fiddling is tiresome.