9.15.2006

Day Seventy-Seven

One of the ladies at work today wanted to know what I'm doing to get so skinny. HA! There's something I've never been called before. Work was a trainwreck...deadline day, crazy people, same old story. But the rest of the day was nice, and pretty productive.

So where am I? Hmm...I have to admit on a weigh-in eve such as this, I used to know right off the top of my head how many points I had eaten and how many were left. Since I don't obsess about this anymore, I have to look it up. Looks like I finished off the week with 21 weekly allowance points to spare. The 14 that I did use were spread out fairly evenly between each day. Even the County Fair day, which is odd.

Speaking of the fair, glad I shared those photos. People make jokes all the time about that deep fried stuff, but when you see it for real, it's hilarious. And somewhat frightening. As Mama wonders, can they deep fry ANYTHING? I believe the answer is yes. And someone will undoubtedly eat it, whatever it is. I forgot to explain that photo of all the chocolate yumminess. That was the Ghirardelli Chocolate Baking Contest. We actually stayed and watched the judging and awards. You can almost taste it just looking at that picture, can't you?

It's been a really great week. So much happens in a week's time over here. Don't really feel like listing it off at this point, but trust me, good stuff. What it comes down to is how glad I am to be on the other side of the weight obsession, because there are so many other things to focus on. Oh sure, I still have my days, but the journey is most definitely the destination. If you're looking for fat Carrie, she doesn't live here anymore. She discovered that she was always more fat in mind than body. Her mind was freed, and she went off in search of all the things she had never thought she was capable of.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is so good. What a wonder you are. I love you.