9.06.2006

Day Sixty-Eight

Work was a bit hectic this morning, so Breakfast Burrito Wednesday was a welcome treat. So hectic, in fact, that I ended up bringing the thing home and Jon and I split it for lunch with some of those really good Trader Joe's potatoes. That's another good way to cut down on points...split your food with someone. I really didn't need to eat that whole thing anyway. As one of my fellow BBW colleagues mentioned, after just one bite you're ready for a nap.

I had a really good talk with a friend last night. I sorta spilled my guts about my weight loss and all of the insecurities that surround it. He reconfirmed all of the things I've been learning and what I had originally suspected about the changes within. And I quote, "Change the exterior if you see fit to do so, but you need to focus on change from the inside out." Good advice for anyone facing the self-esteem challenges that accompany weight issues. Actually, I see the two as very interrelated. For me I think the physical changes on the outside that others are now seeing are the result of the changes already made inside. The two have to work together or no real productive change will ever come.

I'm looking toward Saturday and expecting some possible gain on the scale. Let's put it this way, it wouldn't be a surprise if that happened. But I don't have anxiety about this, which is good. I'm just looking ahead with excitement and anticipation of what's to come.

2 comments:

Ogre said...

Wow that guy must be really smart. A completely awesome individual if I do say so myself.

Anonymous said...

A sensitive guy? Who would have thunk? Actually, Stel knows a lot of sensitive guys---
Glad that you are working through stuff. We all do that day by day by day by day--really moment by moment.
And you are making such great choices. Yay!!!!!!!!!
We never know that the scale will say. To tell you the truth, Stel never really paid attention to it much, and still doesn't because she knew that she was in for the "long haul" and whatever happened, happened, because she wasn't, by God's grace, going anywhere.....
Stel is over and out!