9.03.2006

Day Sixty-Five

A beautiful day indeed, in Clovis, California. The wedding didn't start until 6:30pm and Jon and Reub didn't have to set up until 3:30pm so we got up and walked around Old Town. So quiet and peaceful on a Sunday morning. Everyone was at church. Wanna know how I know? Cuz the signs in all the shop windows around town read, "Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9-5, Sat 12-5, Sun - Worship the Lord."

As expected, I dropped the guys off at the house for set up and went back the hotel to get ready, only to try on every combination of outfit I had brought with me. And also as expected, I ended up with my first choice, what I'd had in mind all along. It seems the doubting never stops, even with seemingly small things like getting dressed for a wedding. I wore one of the strappy tops, and I felt really good in it. Not self-conscious, not fat. Dare I say there was a hint of confidence in the air? I don't know, this whole thing is just so strange. My self-image has come a long way, but it's still an uphill climb. I'm getting there.

The wedding and reception were absolutely the most beautiful I'd ever seen. Bride and Groom practically grew up together. The family was warm and welcoming. Close attention was paid to every detail. It was a very nice evening. As far as points are concerned, I didn't even venture a guess. Not that I think I did all that bad, but I'm positive I went over and I just want to enjoy the night for what it was. Will get back to strict counting tomorrow.

At the reception we sat with the minister and his wife and another couple from the church. Inevitably the topic of WW came up. The pastor's wife has been leaning toward trying WW as her sister has been on the program for some time. The other woman at the table did the program with her daughter. The daughter said, "It didn't work." Her mom corrected her with, "It worked, we just quit going." And the one thing that was unanimous at our table was you must attend the meetings. It's such a big help and encouragement. I couldn't agree more.

We'll head home in the morning. Can't wait to see Zaya. It's been a good break for me, but I miss that little guy. Not to mention that he keeps my activity points up. Adios, Clovis. Bon Voyage, Goodmans. May you enjoy every moment of life's journey together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zaya kept Chuck and Stel hopping. He is such a good boy. Grandpa said that he was living his dream.
PTL!
Glad you had a break and enjoyed looking fab in your new strappy top. WW does come up everywhere, doesn't it? Stel found that so at a party she was at last weekend.
Hmmmm, wonder why that is? CAUSE IT IS THE BEST DANG PROGRAM AROUND, YES?! And it does work. And if it doesn't ya just gotta fess up.