9.04.2006

Day Sixty-Six

Just FYI, at the end of this week my point counts are going to be way off. Though I know it's not true, I feel like I ate my way through our little vacation and then again upon our return home. We got back about 1pm today and I had two turkey hot dogs and a little of Jon's chili cheese fries. Ordering the turkey dogs was sort of an effort toward good choices, I guess. But sharing the chili fries...that was pure indulgence.

Also, I have not exercised since last Tuesday. I really wanted to get some kind of activity in during the trip, but walking, jogging, pretty much even standing still in 100+ degree weather is just brutal. I even had the thought of going for a swim or checking for a work-out room at the hotel. Didn't happen. Everything just went so fast. Am I trying to make myself feel better by justifying to you that I thought about exercise? Probably. Isn't that just sad? Definitely.

It's good to be home. Time to get back into the swing of life. The next few months will be pretty eventful in this household. I know that busy-ness and even the change in seasons can sometime pose challenges to exercise and weight loss. But I'm sticking with it. Can't stop after I've come this far.

Have yet to see a picture of me in that little strappy number. I have a vision in my mind, which could be totally off. I think Jon has some video footage. I kinda want to see it. And I kinda don't. How it looks to me will determine if I share it with you. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life happens! even when on WW. And we just roll with it and make the best choice on the plate at the time. Sometimes that includes a few chili fries! For Stel this weekend it was homemade TAMALES, and yes!!!!!! they were worth it.
Stel also hurt her foot this past week and hasn't exercised since last Tuesday, although holding and struggling with Zaya did provide isometrics a la Jim our leader--!
Can't wait to see the footage of the strappy number,saw other "straps" in the footage :-0
however! Ahem.
Told folks at church you hit the BIG 25 and Deb and Beck were stunned at how quickly this has happened. Deb said, "Do YOU KNOW how long it took ME to lose 25 lbs.?" Of course you have been working the program for 8 weeks or so, and so yes! 25 came off. PTL.
Keep going is the key. Off days, good days, bad days, suckey days.
The key is to keep it up. I love you.