9.09.2006

Days Sixty-Nine and Seventy

I'm slackin' again! Headed to my WW meeting in about a half-hour. I feel really great this morning, despite the fact that I can't really give you a count of my points for the week. Starting off the week at the wedding, eating on the road, a business meeting on Thursday, it made the week pretty hectic. I can tell you that I only got in one day of exercise. Again, not anxious, more curious about what the scale holds for me today.

Regarding Thursday's meeting, it was amazing. Jon and I (and even Isaiah) met with a group of vendors who provide various services in the wedding industry. Jon brought video demos and I brought samples of my jewelry. It was exciting to be amongst a group of young, highly motivated people making their way doing what they love. The goal is to become a tight network that provides exclusive referrals for new clients. I felt like we fit into the group really well and had something valuable to offer.

I also was not self-conscious, for the most part. There was this moment when one of the bridal models arrived for the meeting...she's gorgeous. I think it was intimidation I felt for a minute, but it didn't last long. I got the chance to talk with her afterwards, she's such a nice person. At that point, intimidation was gone, I was just really thankful to be there and have the opportunity to meet all these people. There seems to be a lot of potential there.

Talked a little with my WW buddy M last night. She's having a similar week to me, not sure where the points stand. But she's surprising herself by discovering new eating habits, and realizing satisfaction when she eats. I totally know those feelings, they're like a friend to me now! So it was good to catch up and share. You're doing great, M! Glad to share the ride with you.

Anyhow, heading out in a minute, so I'll be back later with the numbers report.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a learn as you go program. There are no "know it alls here" because it is individualistic, and personal--down to your very heart and thought process.
Congratulations all the way 'round!
Stel has seen her share of intimidating beauties in her life, but they are just people too. All with problems and needs and insecurities just like the rest of us. One of Stel's guides for living came from her father, kind of like the army slogan: whatever you do, do the best you can--be the best you can be--and that includes working with what God gave you to work with! He doesn't make mistakes when He creates. He did His best in making each and everyone of us. We are the apple of His eye.
Once Stel was at a big conference and the keynote speaker was a woman who was in her 40s or so and therefore a tad bit younger than Stel. When Stel read the woman's credits (like she was judge or something, plus woman of the galaxy four years running, Miss World in her early years, coordinator of how to help feed the world's children) Stel sat there and thought "Have I done ANYTHING WITH MY LIFE???" For a moment Stel forgot what she learned early on in life,that if you are pretty, there will always (trust Stel on this) be someone prettier just around the corner--if you are smart, she will not only be pretty but she will by a scientist..and if she is pretty and a scientist, she is married with children to a Goodman. So. You can either keep wanting to be someone else, or you can work with what God gave you. And God gave us a lot--no pun intended.
Stel is over and way outa there!