9.22.2006

Day Eighty-Three

Versary day. A very nice one. I did a lot of eating, though I made some good choices as well. Took Z to Hof's Hut for lunch. That kid put away every last piece of his kids cheesy pizza and fruit...better him than me. I opted for broiled halibut, steamed veggies and mashy tatoes (in your honor, J), with zuccini bread as my treat.

For dinner we headed out to Long Beach, back to The Reef, where six years ago we shared a meal with family and friends in celebration of our marriage. It's virtually impossible to stay within points range at that place. Everything is...what's a good word...decadent. So the evening went a little something like this: spinach artichoke dip, raspberry vinaigrette salad, breaded tilapia with risotto. Jon had some Polynesian spare ribs. Not to mention great conversation and a beautiful skyline view. And yes, I had a real dessert. No Golden Spoon, no 1 point mini-cake. Actually Jon and I shared this:
Tuxedo cake. Cream cheese and chocolatey goodness. And we made no apologies, just enjoyed the evening and the celebration. After dinner we drove out to Hollywood to see a documentary at the ArcLight. My age showed through very clearly...couldn't even stay awake. It was a much needed night out and we enjoyed every moment.

I love that WW doesn't require apologies. You just pick up from where you left off. I have a feeling this night combined with the fact that I only exercised once again this week (where do the days go?), something may be reflected on the scale. But that's ok by me. I'm enjoying every step, every lesson.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Each step, each lesson is it. Good going. Happy Anniversary.