8.19.2006

Day 50: Weigh-In

Missed a blogging day yesterday. Was up really late prepping for a yard sale and then I fell into bed. Normally I would attempt to create a posting for yesterday and another for today, but frankly, I'm tired. And I'd rather focus on today because the news is so great!

Are you sitting down? Here goes...I'm down 21.4 lbs!!! And if that wasn't big enough news, I've now reached my 10% goal. When you join WW, they talk with you about how beneficial it is for anyone to lose 10% of their total body weight, whatever that number may be. According to medical research, losing 10% of your body weight can lower your cholesterol, blood pressure and risk of developing Type II diabetes. This isn't something I considered very seriously when I first joined, mainly because I wasn't convinced that joining WW was going to do anything for me. But now, I'm really aware of the health benefits of weight loss. Diabetes and high blood pressure are prominent in my extended family, and that's a thought that comes to me from time to time. It's a scary thing.

I'm so glad I'm doing this. Can't express that enough. When Mary asked today, "What is your absolute favorite thing about the program," I found it tough to answer. There are so many factors I love, so many things about my life that have changed. But truly the biggest thing for me is the belief in myself. That's what makes everything else fall into place. A lot has happened in my personal life to bring me to the emotional level necessary for me to succeed at WW. Confronting old skeletons, and stuff like that. It's just time, that's all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Carrie!!!! We are so VERY proud of you! Lots of love and support to you. xoxo, Julie, Gary, & Trenton.

Anonymous said...

Geez, you are like a walking commercial for WW! but it is all true, and Stel attests to it as well.
Congratulations. You are doing so well-- but most of all YOU ARE DOING IT! YIPPEE! HOORAY! Emailed Mary and she was so happy for you--and when Stel reaches goal she wants to celebrate with Stel and you! Stel was honored to have her want to share that moment! Since Stel loses so slowly that won't be for awhile yet--we will see what we will see. Stel was thinking that we could get a Starbucks and a walk around the park--she is way open for other suggestions!
Funny, but when Stel reaches goal she probably won't believe it! She has just loved the experience. When she first went to THE WW meeting she said to herself, "This will take about a year and a half. Let's see if this program works." And it will be a year and a half in September and she has 5 (COUNT 'EM) 1,2,3,4,5 pounds to go! GOD is good! All the time.
You are beautiful--and Zaya was a naughty boy at the WW meeting yesterday. What was grannie thinking?

Anonymous said...

you seem very happy, and I'm happy for you.