8.08.2006

Day Thirty-Nine

Today was Jon's birthday, and we both could have easily just eaten our way through the whole day. It would have been an understandable "break" from counting points, in light of the occasion. Jon did give himself some treats. I had a huge Chinese Chicken Salad from Rascal's, which I love, and that got me through the rest of the day. So not only did I eat what I like, I ended up with points to spare today.

Did my walk at the park tonight. Our schedule is still a little off but I really didn't want to miss another walking opportunity. And it was great, did my three laps. I've been wondering how changing seasons will affect our walking schedule as well. In the past, the weather was one of those things that made a great excuse to skip exercising. I don't want anything to slow my momentum. At least now I know the choice is mine.

I find myself looking in the mirror more now, not avoiding it. It's probably more to help envision what future results will look like, but regardless, it's really nice to not feel so much disdain for the person staring back at me. I used to think that I avoided mirrors because looking at my physical body was discouraging. But now I think it was more about seeing myself in a helpless state, not doing anything proactive to make changes in my weight and in my life.

I'm really looking forward to weigh in this week because I'm hoping to reach my 15 pounds. It will take losing 1.2 pounds this week, which is do-able. I think it's funny that we talk about how weight loss is "not about the numbers" but sometimes it is about the numbers. Those numbers help reinforce whatever changes we are feeling in our bodies. It's also easier to talk about your weight loss in nice, round numbers. It's totally a mental thing, but that's the way it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stel says you are one insightful dame!