8.04.2006

Day Thirty-Five

Jon and I were talking about elementary school memories today. Obscure things like "Citizen of the Month." I recalled that in the 6th grade, I was the only girl who could do pull ups during the physical fitness tests. Pull ups were no problem for the boys, but the girls all struggled. I did ten pull ups and passed all of my other tests with flying colors as well. Talking about these memories made me remember that being heavy has not always been a part of my life. I was actually thin as a kid and in my early teens. Fat is not who I am, Carrie is who I am. Fat is just a funny thing that happened on the way.

I'm feeling pretty good right now because we went walking tonight. Our schedule went a little askew this week, so I wasn't sure I'd get my three days in. I know I didn't have to, but I feel really good that I did. It's a nice way to end the week and prep for weighing in tomorrow. Plus I always feels energized afterwards. Jon says it's the endorphins. Whatever it is I also notice that on the days that I walk, I don't crave dessert later, like every other day of my life. We always go walking after dinner and I would expect to want one of my WW desserts when we get home, but so far I haven't had dessert on any of the days we've walked. Interesting.

Finished off the week having dipped into my Weekly Allowance points almost every day, but I still ended up with 18 points unused. Everything in moderation.

Headed to the meeting in the morning. Ready for anything.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a mental week for Stel. Had to reframe her outlook on her fat again. Was getting anxious as she is reaching her goal weight, and there is a struggle with this for her. Although the NUMBER really isn't important, to a FATTY it is important...at least in her head it is. She thinks that there was a breakthrough in her thinking this week though, (with Elena's help who loves nana "just the way you are", she knows, she knows Elena, but still). Stel is getting there. With God's help, she will press on just like the Great Apostle Paul--"Not that I have already attained..," No kidding! her feelings exactly, Apostle!