8.31.2006

Day Sixty-Two

I can somewhat understand now how people can "forget to eat." When I first started WW, Mary told us to remember to eat all of our alotted points. I didn't think this would be a problem for a fatty like me. And it really never has been. But there's a lot of activity in the Pascual household these days. Prepping for a weekend trip to Fresno and a host of other things, not to mention chasing around a bouncy almost-two-year-old who likes to test my patience. So today morning came and went at work, then the afternoon. I finally had lunch at about 2:30. Of course it didn't last long, I ended up eating all of my daily points. But still, I see how much busy-ness affects your eating.

Speaking of Fresno, I went to the mall this evening to find a little something to wear to the wedding. I have these nice black pants that fit great, so I knew I just needed a top. Preferably something light and summery, as I hear Fresno is located just south of the sun. I end up at my favorite fat lady store mainly because I knew I could find something there. And I did! On the clearance rack, even. I bought two cute little "strappy" tops, so I can have a choice. They were six bucks, I figured what the heck. I really surprised myself though because typically "strappy" is a word used to describe clothes for skinny girls. I don't think I've ever worn anything "strappy." I'm not used to revealing that much skin, so it's odd. But they fit great.

I'm thrilled that I get to attend the WW meeting this week. I had originally thought that because of our trip, I'd have to miss. It's really funny how much I look forward to the meetings. It used to be because I was so anxious about seeing the numbers at weigh-in. But I've found such comfort among the other people there, who understand the love/hate relationship with food and exercise.

Heard from a friend this evening who just went to her first WW meeting. She's talked about it for awhile, but has a very hectic schedule so she wasn't sure when she could fit it in. Tonight she said, "I just walked to my car and drove myself over." That's it, that's what it takes, just making that decision and doing it. I told her she had just done the hardest part. Though over the next months there will be a lot of difficult moments. She has taken the most important step mentally. (I'm so proud of you, M, gorgeous one)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck M! Welcome aboard.
Stel never forgets to eat.

margeebutt said...

thanks, cheeks (and mama)! you have definitely been a motivating force in helping me to finally make this choice. thanks for so generously sharing your journey for others to be encouraged and blessed by. i luv you. skinny-me here i come!! ;-)