8.10.2006

Day Forty-One

Today I found out that people actually read this thing! Who knew? Shout out to my homie Grady who's keepin' up with my journey outta Fat Town. Was surprised at first to discover I'm "out there" for all to see. Correction: The true surprise was that somebody cares enough to see. I immediately started reviewing all past entries in my head to try and remember just HOW honest I've been. Then it hit me that I really don't care. This is me, take it or leave it.

I've actually been wanting to share this blog with Mary, our leader at WW. She's very inspirational and incredibly down-to-earth. One of those people who makes you instantly comfortable. I'm not sure how to present it though. How 'bout something like, "Hey Mary, wanna read forty days worth of journal entries documenting what a complete mess I am?" Maybe I'll just write it down and slip it to her at the meeting Saturday.

Still feeling the beach ride from yesterday. But I'm definitely hoping that becomes a more regular occurence. It's also about time I start doing some ab work. Most certainly a difficult area for me, and possibly the most important for me to focus on. Thankfully, at last week's meeting I was given a pamphlet about ab exercises, so I need to put that to good use.

Sticking to my points pretty well this week, and dipping into the extras about as much as last week. Started thinking about all of the upcoming events (a wedding in Fresno, Zaya's birthday, the holiday gatherings) and how there will be less of me there than in years past. Also had another fun thought recently. Jon asked me what it will feel like to shop in regular stores. I smiled instantly...I won't be confined to the fat lady store!

See, it's the little things in life that make me happy. But what most would consider little things are pretty substantial to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stel is exercising well this week and paying attention to points BUT may still be at plateau this Saturday, ahem, tomorrow.
The body is not budging--but not bulging either, so that's good. She'll keep pressing on, cause it is such a great journey and it's really nice to have you to share the experience with her.
Stel saw "Ray" the Wonder Boy at Subway this week (from WW)and he was ordering his five point sandwich. Interesting to have two WWs at the counter, but no one knowing what a journey they have been on. She didn't acknowledge him--and he didn't see her (TOO SMALL :-) ). Better to keep their identity secret because they just looked like two REGULAR skinny customers. Stel felt pretty good. Talking about the little things. Well it is the little things that make up living, isn't it?
You go girl! So proud of you--and glad that you are valuing the real beauty that you are, the one Stel has been seeing all these years.