8.25.2006

Day Fifty-Six

Finished off my week with 16 points to spare, pretty consistent with past weeks. It was also a week for trying new things - new foods, changing up the exercise a bit. I'm only able to do that because I'm becoming more comfortable in my own skin. The idea of ANY form of exercise, particularly in public (but even just alone with myself) used to just embarrass me to no end. But I'm much more in tune with my mind and body now, it's not bothersome at all. Plus, gauging my physical and emotional feelings and following my body's cues is NECESSARY for me to continue. It's where new motivation comes from.

Saw a friend today that I haven't seen in about a month. That's when it hits me how fast the weight is coming off - when I'm with someone and see them experiencing the "new me" for the first time.

I am missing Mary already. Will miss her sharing my victories on the scale and validating my feelings during the meetings. But I'm really looking forward to hearing from our new leader, Jim. Really nice man, has lost a lot of weight. A lot. And I'm hoping he shares his story.

Here's to less of me on the scale!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stel walked at the park three times this week instead of the treadmill. Chuck walks with her and it is really more fun. She will continue to do this Lord willing to change up her routine a bit.
Stel misses Mary too....we shall see what we shall see. Know she had to leave, but it still leaves a void. She was Stel's mentor for such a long time. Glad you were able to experience her--it will also be nice to get a different perspective on stuff from the new guy. Guess we will give him a chance!