8.22.2006

Day Fifty-Three

Had the best walk ever at the beach tonight. Could have something to do with the fact that I didn't have to stop to pick up random shoes, bottles and other assorted items flying out of the stroller. We had a temp nanny (thanks again Amy!). So I was able to really focus, take in the sunset, keep the pace. Even got a glimpse of a pirate ship sailing by, probably the Black Pearl. Not only was everything in sync with my body, but in my mind and heart as well.

Earlier today I had fun sharing about WW with some of the ladies at work. It's funny that the first question people ask about the program is, "Can you eat regular food?" Are you kidding? Do you think I would be on a diet that required me to drink blended wheatgrass three times a day? Of course you can eat regular food. You don't have to buy specially marked WW packaged foods either, so there's no added expense. How many times can I say it...it's a great program.

During the conversation with one person in particular, she revealed that she was interested in learning about WW because her doctor has put her on watch for heart problems and recommends some weight loss. I told her that's why I'm starting now. It doesn't make sense to take my body for granted for another thirty years. It's also silly to wait that long to deal with my emotions. I know you don't get to do it over, but I want to start a new chapter, for myself and for my family. So that I can be all that I was created to be in this life, full potential.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck wanted pancakes Sunday and so we had some mix in the cupboard and we had some. Here is where controlling your food intake rather than food controlling you comes in. Stel went to the market Monday to see if there was a way toget the point value down on these lovelies. Well looking at the mixes she found Aunt Jemima buttermilk mix to which you only add water. A 4 inch pancake is only 1 point! She bought Mrs. Butterworth sugarfree syrup for 35 cals 1/4 cup! You do the math! Hi There! Aloha! Hello! Howdy! Howzit! Buenos dias! Tuesday morning brought pancake heaven to Stel's kitchen. It can be done! A little edumacation, a little investigation, and voila! a WW eating four healthy pancakes for brekkie! Yummo a la Rachael Ray!
Yes we eat gosh darn real food.
You go, Miss WW Torrance. Tell your friends that we can have our pancakes and eat it too!
And Stel doesn't mind picking up Zaya's things as long as she can bend over--but what a nice neighbor Amy is! Zaya knows how to pick his nannies.