8.01.2006

Day Thirty-Two

Splurge day! Actually it wasn't all that bad. I think I stayed within bounds. We took a drive to Oceanside today to visit with a friend and ended up at Fuddruckers for lunch. I really wanted to have a burger, and I could have, but I chose a grilled chicken sandwich that was FANTASTIC. It had spinach/artichoke dip on it along with lettuce and tomato. I skipped having anything on the side because they were out of fresh fruit. The taste of that sandwich...I think I was smiling all through lunch. And then I came home and calculated points for the ingredients. Definitely more than I would set aside for lunch daily, but certainly worth the splurge. I compensated for lunch by having a Healthy Choice dinner, only 5 points. So it sorta balanced out.

I find myself in the mindset of "testing" this program. Until this week I really have not been dipping into my 35 weekly allowance points. I think my mind is telling me if I leave those alone, I'll lose more weight. But the fact is, those points are built into the program and designed to be used. I have to learn to trust the program and trust my decision making. And I very well may see a difference on the scale. If that's the case, I'll have to make an adjustment at that time.

WW allows you to still enjoy food while you're losing weight. For most of us, food is enjoyable, it's a fact. Maybe some more than others, but still. Other plans that cut out an entire food group or require you to starve yourself can't be as enjoyable. I like food. Heck, who am I kidding, I LOVE food and I won't be afraid of it.

Because of our road trip, we skipped our exercise today, but should be out there tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stel is right there with you. As long as it takes, as long as it takes, and in the meantime, feeling better, looking fab, enjoying food instead of having guilt, and all kinds of emotions surrounding a good meal are all things Stel can handle, by God's grace. Stel has a number "goal" to reach, but thinking about it, she has already reached several goals! She has learned how to eat, how to chose wisely, how to care for herself, how to glean from the encouragement of others, and to overcome plateaus--brought her blood pressure down, lost 65 lbs! exercises regularly--!
One of the coolest side perks is that she used to want to lose weight for weddings, reunions, special events, etc. and then come up less than STEL(lar) in the outcome (no pun intended). Now, the events come and she is already there, or on her way to already looking better than she ever has in many years. Very cool indeed.
Exciting stuff this losing weight is!