7.15.2006

Day 15: Weigh In

Let's see if you can guess what kind of day I had today.Since starting the program two weeks ago, I have lost 5 lbs. 4 oz. and I am shocked but ecstatic. I was standing on the scale and when I saw the number, I started to cry from disbelief I think. Very good moment, to say the least. I ended the week having eaten all of my alloted points, earned 11 activity points and 30 of my weekly allowance points went unused.

At the WW meetings, our leader Mary makes presentations to those who have achieved a milestone and losing 5 pounds is the first milestone. Her question to me was worded so perfectly, "So what has changed?" And I responded with, "What HASN'T changed?" I love the feeling of knowing I'm making choices that are good for me. I love getting outdoors and being active. Jon, Isaiah and I are living healthier all the way around. So much has changed.

Reaching this point is very motivating. Again, I feel reinforcement that I can do this. Lord willing, we'll be up at 5am tomorrow for our beach walk and I'm looking forward to it. But right now I'm still taking in all the blessings of today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Can Do This! Great affirmation. Great self-talk. With God's grace we can, and are doing it. That is something that you have learned about yourself. YOU CAN.
Good going.