7.27.2006

Day Twenty-Seven

Here's a day I'd like to just start all over again from scratch, see if I can make it any better. Not the best, to say the least. For starters, this weather is really irritating me. The heat is one thing, but the humidity is killing me. It makes me feel sticky and fat and gross and totally unmotivated to do anything. I don't mind sweating when I'm working out, but when you're just sitting still it's like a waste of sweat.

And I'm guessing it was the heat that got to Isaiah too because he was on Super Naughty Mode today. Nothing was making him happy except for the brief time we went to water the neighbor's plants, but that ended all too soon for him. I don't think he's ever cried so much in one day before. Which just made me sweat even more. Basically I was feeling disgusting and irritable for most of the day. And again I experienced the desire to eat everything in sight. Apparently it's frustration that does it to me. Of course, I didn't act on it. I stayed within my points like a good girl. But man, I wanted to down a whole box of mini-cakes like nobody's business.

Consequently, when it came time for our beach walk, I was still horribly unmotivated. I had no desire to go down there because I knew what the air would feel like. And I really wanted to quit with every step. I had to say to myself over and over again, "You can do this. Don't lose pace. You can do this." The first leg I wasn't up to my normal speed. Second leg was probably the fastest I've done yet. But still I just wanted the whole thing to be overwith. They can't all be winners. I'm just thankful I stuck it out because I know that's the important part. When I committed to this I accepted that it wouldn't be easy.

Maybe it's water retention from the heat, I don't know. But I'm afraid that I'm going to weigh in on Saturday and find that I've gained back my 9 plus pounds, and then some. I know this probably isn't logical, but it's there.

Blech...let's hope tomorrow's better. Or at least dryer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot weather sucks the life outa you. Glad that you are learning about self--me too. I have a hard time on Thursday afternoons. I pledged not to have snacks yesterday afternoon at work because that is my difficult time...so when I got hungry I drank water. And believe it or not, it worked for about one hour, which was what I needed for it to do. Sometimes it is for a minute :-)
And then I came home and got my mini carrots and sprayed them with my balsamic breeze salad spray--I ate them like I had never seen food before--like a greedy fat rabbit and they tasted darn good.
I used my self talk more yesterday too--something that you are learning to do as well. Isn't it interesting how powerful food is? I was really happy with self when I realized that I didn't dive on my mini-cakes. I am stronger, you are stronger than WW mini cakes. Yay! Hooray for us! We are doing it. You are doing it, one hot day at a time. Good going.
So,over all you are right where you need to be in this process. It is not easy, but it can be done and is being done. Saturday we will see what we have accomplished on the scale, but you have already accomplished so much this week making sure you keep to the committment that you made to take CARE of CARRIE. Some bad days, some good days, but thinner. It could be bad days and some good days, but FATTER. Not us! And remember some of that self talk can be "Jesus HELP ME" and He will, 'cause he always does.