7.05.2006

Day Five

It's almost 10pm and I'm ending the day with 2 points to spare! How do ya like them apples? (Mmmm...apples).

I did my power walk at the park tonight. Three laps, the first was the hardest. The second felt pretty good. I considered ending it there, then realized if I'm gonna do this, I've gotta really do this. If I'm already sweaty and the heart is pumping, might as well go another round. The best part was every time I got to the hill, there were my two guys, Jon and Zaya cheering me on. So proud of Mommy. Made me feel like I could do ten more laps. Also made me feel like my heart is the biggest part of me, not my tummy or other assorted flabby areas.

What I like about the park; the walk seems shorter. At least you have small destinations because you eventually get to a place where you have to turn a corner. Not a long, long, long straight path out ahead of you, like at the beach. But on the other hand, you just can't beat the mind-clearing you get from being near the ocean.

OH! I can't forget to mention the thing that made all the difference for me today...a walker/runner's dream...MUSIC! Jon has been using his MP3 player at the beach and I told him I would like to have music when I walk. Thought it would be good for my pace. Boy, that's an understatement. He got me an MP3 player of my own and downloaded all this "get your body in motion" music on it. I laughed at first when I pressed Play and heard the music from Rocky, but it worked. Thankfully it was an eclectic assortment after that.

I find that I'm looking forward to Saturday because I want to see that I'm one pound lighter (that's my weekly goal). Maybe I'm setting myself up for a fall, cuz I might not lose anything this week. But honestly after making all these changes, I'd be shocked if I didn't lose a few ounces at least. Eight maybe? Six? Anyone? Bueller?

But, one day at a time. Gotta do Day Six first.

No comments: