7.07.2006

Day Seven

Just a few hours from now will mark the end of my first week on WW. Jon just asked me if I struggled at all this week. Truthfully, not as much as I expected to. I've just been feeling so relieved and thankful that I finally got started. That's not to say there haven't been cravings...I gave into one today. Friday is cookie day at work, and there was nothing gonna stand in between me and that chocolate chip cookie! So I ate it, and I recorded it, and I accounted for it in the rest of my eating today. It wasn't the end of the world.

So here are the stats: Finishing off the first week with 9 of my "weekly allowance" points left. I earned 25 activity points this week with four days of brisk walking, 60 minutes each time. I won't get weighed in "officially" tomorrow because there's no WW meeting. But I'll probably go by Mama's house to use her scale after I get off work.

So how do I feel? I'm still more than glad I made the decision to do this. I look forward to each new day. I actually miss exercising on the days like today when I don't do it. And I feel complete relief about not hiding behind my weight anymore, being willing to talk about it and work through all the feelings that accompany it.

Bring on Week 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell Stel but she never racked up 25 activity points in one week. She refused to do any activity until she was in the program for three, count 'em, three months.
And COOKIE DAY? That's not giving in to a chocolate chip cookie: that's having a chocolate chip cookie and enjoying it, knowing you ate the dang thing(cause sometimes ya don't remember ya ate a whole plate of 'em) and darn glad ya did. Chocolate chip cookies, Thank God, will always be part of our lives. Now, COOKIES ALL DAY? that's another story.
That is what WW is talking about. Good going. Gotta go. Here comes Stel.