7.22.2006

Day 22: Weigh In

I usually wait until the evening to do my daily recap, so I can account for my food intake and my feelings. But I simply can't hold back because I'm so darn excited...I'VE LOST 9 lbs. 6 oz.!!! Yes, in 22 days!!! This past week I lost a little over 4 lbs. There is no word to describe what I felt when I saw the numbers on that digital display. Complete shock, definitely...joy, absolutely. I actually asked the woman who was recording my weight, "Is this for real?" I must have looked like a nut.

What's funny is, I thought someone was going to reprimand me because WW considers 1-2 pounds per week a "healthy weight loss." How funny is that, my mind naturally goes to "I did something wrong." That must be part of what I need to work on, my guilt complex.

Anyhow, this morning's weigh in kicked off a good day like very few things can. It also helped me realize that I'm not ashamed about being on WW. Not only am I not afraid to admit who I am, I also happen to believe that it's a great program. At the very least it's the structure that I personally need and it's about time I became concerned with what I need, not with what others think I need.

Losing my self-consciousness about WW has led to my being able to share with more people. Jon has helped me officially "launch" this blog by posting it in his own. And I'm really not worried about who reads it. Some of you may have never thought about my weight being an issue, some of you may have been afraid to approach the subject in the past. Now it's all out there, this is a part of me, one that I'm particularly proud of. I'm sharing it all, the good and the yucky, so if you're ready for honesty, you've found the right place.

If I sit and think about this journey so far, it feels very surreal. I still can't believe I finally made the decision to do this. And you may have your doubts, but what they say about "making the choice is the hardest part," absolutely true.

Go me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. You will look at yourself in weeks to come and say "Is this really me?" "Is this really happening?" Cause Stel still does that--mostly when she is feeling really skinny and actually doing something she hasn't done in years,(okay never in this millenia) cross her legs. Yes, girls, cross her legs. Unbelievable that she use to sit in meetings and count the skinnies who could actually cross their legs, and not only that, but then curl the crossed leg behind the calf of the other leg! Who would have thought that someone could do that with their legs? Dang contortionist show-offs.
You go girl--yes, you GO!

margeebutt said...

carrie, i'm both proud of and inspired by you. i'm absolutely amazed by your newfound courage and the empowerment you are gaining from this experience. i'm savin' up to join the bandwagon. Thank you for helping me realize it will be ok if i do this, and that i can take the step too... i luv you!!!