7.30.2006

Day Thirty

Thirty days, is that what I said? Man, that alone feels like a huge accomplishment. I was just talking with the fam tonight about how I keep thinking, "Next month I want to lose more pounds than I did this month." But then I remember that even at this point, this is the most I've lost, EVER! Yes, in my life. Feeling pretty good about that.

Started off the new week with dinner at Jon's parents. Our dinners used to be Thursday nights, but we switched it up to keep a consistent walking schedule. Had great barbecue chicken, some new whole wheat tortillas, fresh salsa and salad. Mama topped it off with a freshly baked low-cal cake from a WW recipe book. It tasted pretty darn good! I ate three (small) pieces and didn't have to feel guilty at all because they were less than two points per piece. And it fit the bill for a chocolate craving.

The fact is, WW's Flex Plan involves some pretty good eating. The key is in the accountability, not the food. That's what I love. Sure, I can't go eat a box of donuts or hit up Taco Bell twice a week, but I am finding good substitutions with TASTE. What a concept! And I'm feeling so comfortable sharing with others about the program that I'm enlisting helpers to find new treats. I've asked my neighbor, who loves to bake, to find a good low cal and possibly sugar free cookie recipe. It's fun to think of new stuff like that.

Oh, I tried on three old pairs of jeans today. Pulled them out of a bag of stuff I had ready to donate to the Salvation Army. They all fit great! So needless to say, they came out of the bag and back into the closet. At least for the time being. When they get a little too roomy, they can go back in the bag. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stel's diggin' the jean comment. You goooooo gurrrrrl! Isn't that just the greatest FEELING!?
Losing weight is tricky. I think there is a fat chick inside Stel telling Stel to "come baaaaaaack!" She really doesn't have anything to offer because the new choices Stel makes taste as good as the old choices, just not with all the extra calories. I am wondering what this fat chick has to gain (no pun intended :-) ) in getting Stel back and off the wagon? I think she is interested in Little Stel--the stubborn little Stel who wants what she wants when she wants it! Hmmmmm. Maybe she doesn't like having someone tell her what she can and can't do. Perhaps. Stel will think about this, this week as she prepares ALL THE PARTY FOOD (YUM) for Jon's 35th---what a test for The NEW Stel to deal with. She is a taster when she cooks, and historically has felt that if she is standing at the counter tasting, that it is calorie free.
Another trick of the fat chick.
H is over and out.