7.24.2006

Day Twenty-Three

I think you should get to deduct extra activity points for exercising in extreme heat and humidity...blech! If there was ever a day I was not motivated to get out of bed for my walk, it was today. But once we hit the beach, it was pretty smooth sailing. In fact I think the second leg of the bike path was the best walk I've had yet. Might have something to do with the fact that Jon pushed Zaya in the jogger, so I didn't have to deal with the little guy throwing his shoes and assorted food items along the way.

Today was my first restaurant experience since starting WW. We went out with a good friend and Jon's family for Papa's birthday, to our favorite Mexican place, no less. Jon was pretty nervous about finding something to eat that wouldn't sabotage all the great work he's done. I have to admit I was a little concerned myself. But it really worked out well. I ordered a chicken tostada that had ingredients which were all low in points. I came home and tried to really accurately record my points, and I think I did pretty well. But boy did I leave that restaurant feeling full...haven't had that feeling in the past three weeks. I think an occasional splurge is a well-deserved treat.

Seeing that 9 lbs. lost at the weigh in yesterday really affirmed for me that I can reach my goal. And whether I have weeks of gain in between or moments when my weight loss plateaus, I realized that this is a commitment I want to stick with for the long haul. Not only until I reach my goal weight (which is now only 50 lbs. away instead of 60), but mainly as a healthy lifestyle decision for my family. It blesses me so much that this experience has brought us even closer together. That is a gift from God that I hadn't expected.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to be "afraid" when food occasions would be on the horizons, until I realized that I am much more equipped to face them now. I have choices I can make, and even if it is eating half of something when I would normally eat ALL of it--then that is a choice my heart, mind and body are really HAPPY with! This is part of acceptance too! Acceptance that this process might be slow, but changes take time. Acceptance that it is okay not to go at the pace someone else is going at. Acceptance that Stel is not going to be Miss Universe, but she is, by God's grace going to be the best SHE can be.
Someone stopped me at church yesterday to say some encouraging words to me about my weight loss. They are trying to encourage someone in their family to lose weight too. I told them, "It's all in your mind." Because that is where the struggle and growth is--in your head. That controls the body. God renews our mind, He guards our mind and helps us to think about making right choices all the time. Most of the time we think that it is only in the spiritual realm that this occurs, but GOD MADE OUR BODIES! How spiritual is that? Pretty spiritual moi thinks.
And I really love our WW group. I go to weigh in, but I love going to see MY FRIENDS. I think that is why, when I get on the scale I know that I am there to see how I did weight wise during the week, but whatever the scale says, I have joy when I see Mary, Audrey, Celest, Harriet, O, and Claire and now you! It is such a JOY to see your face when you weigh in and are duly rewarded for your hard work. The secret is: It isn't that hard...we eat DANG good!
I am blessed. I am inspired and I am an inspiration! So are you.