7.26.2006

Day Twenty-Six

I ate seven of my extra weekly points today and enjoyed some homemade steak quesadillas that Jon made...it was worth it. The good news is that I hadn't used any extras until today so I should be in the clear.

Now that we've sorta figured this WW thing out, it's kinda nice to go shopping and have an idea of what foods are worth spending points on and which ones aren't. We took a trip to Trader Joe's today. You can't beat the prices and I don't think I've ever had anything from there that I didn't like. A few weeks ago, this trip would have involved me pulling out the points calculator and pouring over endless panels of nutrition facts. But at this point, I'm able to tell with a quick glance which foods I should even pick up to check. And when I do look at fat content and calories I can kinda figure out what the points values will be. Obviously I don't go near enough to the Double Chocolate Torte to even touch the box or see the picture. It's sorta common sense.

People at work are noticing at least some kind of change. It's nice because everyone's so happy for me. They say, "It must feel great." And it does. I still wonder if the next weigh in will hold any surprises. But Mama says that for her, even after almost a year and a half, she still wonders too. So I guess I may just have to get used to that.

I've made it to a point where I'm not always inclined to turn away from the mirror. That's sort of big for me. Don't get me wrong, I still have some moments when I'm disgusted with myself. But the better moments are starting to outweigh the worse ones. Each day that I'm on the program gives me a little bit more confidence. Not only that I'll make it to my goal weight but just confidence in general, in who I am and what I'm capable of.

Tomorrow is exercise day and I can't wait. (It is still WAY WEIRD to say that and really mean it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To have people notice after only 26 days is pretty wonderful! Congratulations!
Surprises at the weigh in are not new for moi--I'm just so excited that I have lost something, anything! while eating so well!
I love you--