7.25.2006

Day Twenty-Five

This morning, I was getting dressed for work and had to start pulling out old clothes that I haven't worn in a long time. Things that I had shrunk in the dryer, they fit now! It's such a weird feeling to wear loose fitting pants rather than ones I squeezed myself into. I've been a size 18 for as long as I can remember. Now I'm not sure what size I am. The exciting thing is thinking about what size I will wear at my goal weight...I don't have a clue! One of those things to look forward to.

This is a bit on the personal side, but my bras are also a little loose. I've always heard that when you lose weight, you lose some in the chest area. Today I noticed some "bunching" under my shirt, that was strange. Not bad though, I could stand to lose some in that area, too.

I told Jon that I wanted to get a scale for the house, but then again I don't because I'd become an obsessive weigher. I want to get the full impact at my weekly weigh ins. And I don't want to get discouraged mid-week if I'm not doing so well.

Also had a silly thought cross my mind today. I imagined what our family Christmas pictu
re will look like this year. I'm hoping there will be less of me...enough that people can tell. Plus with Jon on a healthier track too, and Isaiah growing like a weed, it'll be fun to see what we look like. Just a silly thought, I have those on occasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loose bras. Yes, heard Stel complaining about that as well. What a great problem to have! She bought other "underthings" en route to her goal weight that now are too big but still NEW! So now what? Do you wear your old underthings until they are falling down around your ankles? or purchase new ones only a few months later to have THEM fall around your ankles? Do you safety pin the old "drawers" or what?
Can be frustrating, and expensive. My answer to weight loss is TARGET clothing! Yes--TARGET! And GHETTO WALMART is good too--only problem is the ambience -- not terribly inviting, but there are sacrifices to be made, even going to WALMART.
Stel said she would take you for a purchase of a few items from these higher end stores when you have the time--she might even find a little something for herself there, yes!
And then, when you start getting new clothes, people will think you are just a greedy, b----, who is showing off (am I projecting a little here?) but GOOD MORNING!!!
I have nothing to wear, nada, no clothes that fit! So now, because I am on my way to skinny, I have to wear a gunny sack? Is there no kindness in the world? (Only kidding.) Of course there is kindness--:-)
So yes, loose bras can be an issue. I think I am down about 3 or 4 sizes in that department--pretty soon, in Grandma Fillon's immortal words, I will have nothing to "LIFT and SEPARATE' like the old playtex tv commercial use to say.
H is over and out.