7.20.2006

Day Twenty

I've discovered I like Thursdays. It's my third and final exercise day of the week and it's close to weigh in day, both of which I look forward to.

I had a test of will-power today and passed. Someone brought in some great looking donuts to the office and then someone else brought in brownies. As you can probably guess, neither of these is particularly low on the points scale. But I went into the breakroom, got my yogurt and ate it happily. The smell of baked goods was pretty overwhelming, but I didn't feel like I needed to go take a bite. I really don't want to sabotage myself that way.

One of the people at work who I have confided in about being on WW is a former WW gal herself. She went to a breakfast meeting this morning and when she came back she said she had thought of me. Said I'd be proud of her because there was quite a spread for breakfast, but she limited herself to what she knew she should have. We're sort of a support system for each other now. So in return, I warned her to steer clear of the breakroom.

Very curious what my weight will be on Saturday. I keep thinking that I'm going to plateau and need to make an adjustment to food or exercise. I have to remind myself to take it one step at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to have a buddy at work. I remember seeing a WW green cup at work and it was like a signal from the Secret Society!
Stel nor Hadassah thinks you will plateau--way too early for that kind of stuff. It is interesting though, because everyone's body is sooooo different, so we will see what we will see.
The body has its own system as to how it wants to release the weight. Mine is pretty steady, but slowly. Acceptance of what your body has to offer is the name of the game. It will do its own thing, and you will do your part. When you do your part, the body MUST, I say MUST cooperate.
Interesting for me this week: I am understanding a bit more how eating disorders like anorexia develop after someone has been on an eating program for a bit. It is all about balance and moderation. Those of us however, who have had such an issue of gaining, and know that food and exercise control our weight, sometimes develop a fear of eating. Now, Stel is not afraid of food, it is her good friend. But keeping this friend at a healthy distance is not as easy as it seems. It can flip over into deathly afraid of eating/gaining, and this is where the Anorexia kicks in. I use to laugh about not ever being Anorexic, but I can see how it develops. See how Stel is leaning about her self? Good going Stel.