7.28.2006

Day Twenty-Eight

I've never been more glad that it's Friday. Very much looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in and meeting. But I'm also ready to start a new week, hopefully one that doesn't feel so sticky. My mind is still convinced that I gained weight, but my stats are pretty good. Finished off the week earning 12 activity points for my 3 weekly one hour walks and 22 of my 35 weekly allowance points went unused. That's not so bad. We shall soon see.

WW has become a very natural part of my life now. I find myself sharing very easily about the program with others and opening up about my weight "issues" a bit more. It's a welcome change to be honest about who I am. And I'm finding that honesty from myself breeds honesty in others, whether it's about weight or any other little thing that bothers folks. Talking about WW makes me human, lets others get to know me in a new way. And I like that.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that I had my first glimpse of a change in my face. Not to my double-chin, unfortunately, but the shape of my face, around the cheek area. It's very subtle, many may not notice it, but I think it's the beginning view of things to come.

I have to say how proud I am of Jon as well. He's discovering more about his goals for himself, physically and otherwise. He's brought his exercise regimen down to three times weekly instead of four or five, just to see how his body responds to the rest in between. And for starting out the week with a heavy points meal for his dad's birthday, he finished off the week with a couple points to spare. Nicely done. His commitment is inspiring and encouraging to me.

So I'll see the gals in the morning and hope for good news.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stel disliked her face being fat. Not to the point of loathing, Thank God, but it was a place that seemed to bother her more than the other fat hanging on her body. Maybe that was because most of the mirrors she looks in are for headshots only (ya think?) and not always the full length jobs that torture so many individuals with "weight issues."