7.03.2006

Day Three

Today I learned about all these different snack type things that are only worth 1 point each. Most of them, items to soothe the sweet tooth. This is way cool because my sweet tooth tends to work overtime. Mama brought me some samples of WW mini-cakes. They are more mini than than cake, but they'll do for a craving. And I bought a box of the WW fudge popcicles...only one point each, but worth way more on the taste scale.

This evening we went back to the beach for another power walk. The body is definitely feeling the burn, but tonight it was my emotions that took more of a hit. There were way more people there because we went in the early evening and the weather was great. I felt less a sense of community and more self-conscious. It really didn't help when the little half-Asian blonde cutie jogged by with a humongous smile on her face, flashing her belly ring in all its glory. Some people make exercise look way too easy. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but it's not like it's a breeze or anything.

On the way home, I had a good cry on Jon's shoulder. I'm not depressed, but so much work is being done on my inside and outside, it was like a release. I can't express what it's like having a husband who is 150% supportive and who loves me no matter what I look like. I realize some women live with men who constantly beat them down emotionally. Nothing is off limits, least of all name-calling. I am incredibly blessed to be able to look through my tears into Jon's eyes and see the most gentle, caring soul shining back at me. There are no words.

Mostly what I'm feeling today is anticipation for a great tomorrow. I used to avoid looking forward because all I could see was failure. It's a gift to anticipate success.

No comments: